WARRANTY & RETURN POLICIES
Avionics Source Warranty Policy
As Avionics Source is not the original manufacturer of the products new we sell, we usually do not offer warranties directly, but the OEM often provides coverage. All warranty considerations and determinations remain solely with the manufacturer of the product.
For used avionics sales, all products sold are guaranteed to be in working condition and have a minimum 30 days of warranty coverage from the date of bench tag or purchase receipt.
MOST of the manufacturers we represent require all warranty claims and inquiries be handled directly between them and the purchaser of their product. Avionics Source is not granted the authority to make warranty/replacement decisions on their behalf.
When asked or instructed by the manufacturer to intervene and help remedy a warranty situation, by means of a replacement for example, we are happy to provide that assistance.
Most of our manufacturer warranty information and policies can be found on either their website, or the Avionics Source website, as well as packaged with the products. We will be happy to help locate any warranty policy information for you that cannot be located online.
We appreciate the opportunity to service all our customers. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction that we can while supplying you with the highest quality aviation products available today.
General Return Policy
Our general return policy allows for the return of many products in new, un-opened condition, when returned in 30 days. However, many products we sell are not returnable. Avionics Source makes every effort possible to inform customers at time of purchase that an item being purchased may be a “non-returnable” item. Once ordered OR shipped, there is a $145 inventory fee returnable products valued up to $1,250, and $195 for all returnable products valued $1,250+. Any avionics special ordered on our upgrade programs (IFD4XX, IFD5XX, and PMA450B) are subject to a 15% restock fee if a return is requested before taking delivery. You will receive a refund less this amount once we have received your return. This amount does not qualify towards any restock fee or policy that can be charged if we drop ship an item on your behalf. After 30 days, returns will be reviewed on a case by case basis but 100% subject to the manufacturers restock policy.
Reasons a product may not be acceptable for return include, but are not limited to:
- Special Order Items
- Lost or “Broken” Traceability
- Items Sold as Non-Returnable
- Computer Based Products
- Programmed Items
- Time Sensitive Items
- Outdated Items
- Used Items
- Damaged Items
- Opened Items
This policy is to ensure that when any customer purchases an item from Avionics Source, they can be assured they are receiving new, un-opened product unless otherwise specified. All Installation products are fully traceable and certified.
FAA Approved Aircraft Parts:
Rules for FAA certified aircraft parts such as TSO, PMA, etc.
- Returns are only approved for items in “new” condition. Packaging must be un-opened, original and intact, containing no additional markings or broken seals.
- Special order or non stocking FAA approved products have varying 15-20% restock fees depending on the OEM. Sales will verify upon return.
- Returns are only approved if there were no “special terms or conditions” agreed to at time of order prohibiting a return.
- All returns require a Form 8130 issued by returning agency to validate item is new, un-used, and eligible for restocking at Aircraft Source.
- If item is returned with a Form 8130 stating “New and Unused” BUT is not returned in “new” condition, a restocking fee of 20% will apply.
- Used items cannot be returned.
Still have questions? Please call 206-726-0088 for customer service.